The Art Institute of Tampa
Assistant Enrollment Counselor - part time
Summary: The Assistant Enrollment Counselor supports the Enrollment team by serving as a program (Culinary, Design, Fashion & Media) expert that interacts with prospective students to provide first-hand experience from attending an Art Institute as a student and share information that assists students in making an enrollment decision. This position requires a strong conviction of the program and a sincere desire to share their background with students.
Incumbent must assure that the Art Institutes (Aii) philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Assistant Enrollment Counselors will complete campus tours to prospective students / families, providing a detailed understanding of programs and the ability to articulate the benefits of attending an Art Institute campus. Completes programmatic presentations to new students, showing proficiency within the program to demonstrate acuity of program.
- Manages the campus open house events for the specific program, working in conjunction with Department Chairs, FT Faculty and the Enrollment team ensures that the prospective student experience encapsulates the energy and experience of being an Ai student.
- Will serve as a representative of The Art Institutes at local high school and community college activities and events that drive introduction of Ai to potential students. Coordinate locations, events and activities with the Dean of Admissions / Dean of Academic Affairs and Department Chairs that target Aii students.
- Working in support of Enrollment, conducts proactive contact to students who have inquired about a program and would like to hear from a graduate. Conduct one on one meetings with new students to explain the Ai college experience, explaining program specifics and expectations for successful completion of the program.
- Assists students in acclimating to the campus, suggest ways student can engage with other students / programs on campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Dean of Admissions, dotted line to National Dean of Admissions
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Associate / Bachelor’s degree in an Art Institute academic program is required.
- Thorough understanding of methods necessary to successfully navigate the college experience.
- Passion for assisting other students maximize their Ai experience, resulting in graduation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven skills in effective communication.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills. Ability to work effectively in a remote environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, student families and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple priorities, multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to address training needs for all student facing functions (admissions, student service, academics and finance)
- Ability and desire to travel to campus locations if needed.