The Art Institute of Tampa
Student Worker - Library
The student worker will work in the library to assist students, the librarian, and faculty and staff members in a courteous, helpful, and prompt manner. This position is up to 20 hours per week.
- Staff circulation desk, including checking materials in and out, placing reserves, and collecting fines.
- Shelve and re-shelve materials in a timely, accurate manner and shelf read.
- Assist users with basic information regarding the computers, help with trouble shooting computers, support use of campus technology (library portal, email, Brightspace)
- Aid students, faculty, and staff in locating materials both in the online library and on campus.
- Refer users to the librarian for further assistance.
- Assist with collecting library use statistics.
- Enforce library policies.
- Assist in processing and promoting new materials.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the library by cleaning up litter, collecting books and straightening chairs and tables.
- Maintain and re-fill supplies at library printer and photocopier.
- Work on special projects and assist the librarian with other tasks as needed.
- Keep up to date with the online library resources. Assist in creating marketing materials that promote the on-campus library and the online library.
- Assist students on accessing Ai Learning Network, on-ground tutors and use of the reservation system.
REPORTS TO: Reports to Institutional Librarian with a dotted line to Campus Leadership
- Must be a full-time student at The Art Institutes and qualify for the Federal Work Study Program as indicated on the FAFSA form.
- Maintain a minimum of a GPA of 2.75 and comply with the minimum SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) metrics.
- Maintain course attendance at no less than 90% per quarter.
- Applicants should be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to follow procedures and policies, work independently, be punctual, and reliable.
- Must demonstrate excellent computer and communication skills.
- Experience in a library, bookstore, or retail establishment is desirable but not required.